In the context of the overarching mission of St Vincent de Paul Society as a lay Catholic organisation that aspires to live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy and by working to shape a more just and compassionate society. The mission of Amélie Housing is to provide appropriate, secure and affordable housing to those who are homeless or disadvantaged including those reliant on low and moderate incomes and to help build more socially inclusive neighbourhoods.
The vision of Amélie Housing is to see all people live in good quality housing, participate fully in civic and community life, and enjoy the benefits of social and economic development.
Amélie Housing will:
- Treat all people with respect irrespective of race, colour, gender, religion or status.
- Undertake all we do with compassion for individuals and seeking justice in society.
- Be responsive to community needs and innovative in our programs.
- Provide a stable and reliable organisation which can be depended on to be there.
- Professional in our delivery of services.
- Encourage, value and support the participation of our volunteers.
- Be transparent in our operations and accountable to stakeholders and funders.
The long term aims of Amélie Housing are:
- Achieve and maintain registration as a Community Housing Provider.
- Develop and implement effective pathways out of homelessness into secure housing for people who are homeless.
- Provide inclusive services which foster sustainable outcomes for people.
- Encourage community involvement in our mission to foster social inclusion and strengthen the support we offer.
- Build strong partnerships with other organisations to strengthen service delivery and to create opportunities for growth.
- Establish and maintain the organisation on a sound and sustainable financial footing.
- Build strong governance and professional management within the company.
- Identify and pursue strategies for growing our portfolio of social and affordable housing
What you can expect from us
Quality responsive services
We will attend to you as quickly as we are able. Wherever possible, this will occur at our office closest to you. This means that:
- we will answer the phone promptly
- if the person you talk to cannot answer your enquiry, they will put you in touch with someone who can give you an appropriate response
- we will respond to all your letters and emails
- if you lodge a complaint, we have a dedicated complaints manager who will work with you to understand and address your concerns. Please see the contact details below should you wish to lodge a complaint.
Courtesy and respect
We will treat you with courtesy and respect.
Fair and equal services
Our staff are aware of the cultural diversity of our communities. We will provide services in a fair and equitable way.Because we want everyone to be treated fairly, we will ensure we have premises and facilities that you can access easily.
You will receive up-to-date and accurate information. Whenever possible, our staff will explain the decision-making processes as they impact on you. If we cannot assist you, we will do our best to refer you to someone who can.
At Amélie Housing we collect personal information from applicants, tenants, and members of tenants’ households, job applicants, staff, volunteers and others including contractors, visitors and others that come into contact with our organisation.
We may disclose your personal information to government agencies, our service providers, agents, contractors, partner support agencies, business partners and other recipients from time to time, only if one or more of the following apply:
- you have consented;
- you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information in this way;
- we are authorised or required to do so by law;
- disclosure will lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health or safety of an individual or to public safety;
- where another permitted general situation or permitted health situation exception applies;
- disclosure is reasonably necessary for a law enforcement related activity.
How you can assist us
Tell us your needs
Help us to understand your needs so that we can give you the best possible service. You can do this by talking with our staff and participating in the consultation activities we conduct. We will listen to you.
Tell us if things change for you
Please tell us if there are changes we should know about, for example, changes to your contact details.
Tell us how we are doing
If something happens that you like or do not like about our service, please let us know. We want to ensure your issues are heard. Amélie Housing aims to be an excellent housing manager and will always welcome comments and suggestions from our tenants. To improve our service, we regularly also seek feedback through tenant surveys. Survey results give us ideas on how we can make improvements to our service. Tell us if you have a Complaint or want to Appeal our decisions.
Encouraging feedback from parties external to Amélie Housing including customers, suppliers and/or strategic partners that are not satisfied, can offer opportunities to maintain or enhance loyalty and approval levels.
Amélie Housing has established a Complaints and Appeals Handling Program that is designed to:
- Encourage constructive feedback from parties external to us.
- Provide a complainant with access to an open and responsive complaints handling process.
- Enhance our ability to capture and resolve complaints in a consistent, systematic and responsive manner.
- Enhance our ability to identify systematic and recurring problems and to continually improve our internal systems and controls.
- Assist us develop a customer-focused approach to resolving complaints and to assist staff improve their skills in working with customers.
You can contact us about Complaints, Appeals or about your personal information by:
- Emailing [email protected]
- Calling 02 95680253
- Writing to our Privacy Officer at 2c West Street Lewisham NSW 2049