Position available – Chief Executive Officer
Amelie Housing is searching for a new Chief Executive Officer.
Is this you?
Amelie Housing is a national community housing company and is a designated work of the St Vincent de Paul Society in NSW, South Australia and the ACT.
Amelie is also working in partnership with Vincent Care Community Housing in Victoria to expand their asset portfolio through the Victorian Government’s Big Build program.
Amelie Housing serves the homeless, the disadvantaged and those with low and moderate incomes experiencing housing stress. This is achieved through offerings including a growing portfolio of sustainable social and affordable housing options and sensitive housing and tenancy management.
Amelie is a Registered Tier 1 Community Housing Provider under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing and owns and/or manages 1,349 properties across NSW, ACT, and SA.
Given the pending retirement of its esteemed CEO, Mr Brian Murnane, the Board of Amelie Housing seeks a strategic, collaborative and inclusive CEO to lead this complex organisation through a period of both growth and consolidation. The role is based in Sydney.
The CEO will create vision and direction for Amelie Housing, lead and manage the team in the efficient delivery of services, provide strategic leadership and embed the mission, vision, values, and spirituality of the St Vincent de Paul Society across Amelie Housing, while driving collaboration between all directorates and internal and external stakeholders.
This will involve:
- assisting the Board to develop and implement the long-term strategic direction of the organisation;
- providing exceptional leadership, vision and strategic management to deliver growth, sustainability, and accountability;
- managing the day-to-day operations and business;
- ensuring the values and philosophy of Amelie Housing and the St Vincent de Paul Society are recognised by government, business, faith-based communities, and the community in general to fulfill its aim of addressing housing stress;
- ensuring that the St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading and influential voice for marginalised and excluded people, engaging both respect and support.
The successful candidate will bring:
- senior executive experience in organisational management, community development, government relations, funding, and growth – ideally with community housing and/or property development experience
- the full suite of executive leadership skills including team leadership and development, financial and risk management, change management, strategic planning, and stakeholder engagement
- experience in a highly regulated environment
- a track record of delivering sustainable growth through innovation
On a personal level the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A high level of drive and commitment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent relationship skills with a positive, empathic, and effective communication style
- A commitment to social justice
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of Amelie Housing and the St Vincent de Paul Society
For further information on the role and how to apply, please contact Kerry Thomas of Felix Consulting:
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 27 July 2022.