Amélie Housing takes feedback, complaints and appeals seriously. If you would like to lodge a complaint, appeal a decision or provide feedback on what we do well or what we can improve, there are several ways you can do this. Remember at any stage of the complaints or feedback process, ask for help if you need it.

  • Use the online form. If you have a complaint about the service you have received, or would like to provide feedback you can do so using the complaints form by clicking the link, which will open in a new window. 
  • Call us. Using the Free call number 1800 950 575 (note: if calling from a mobile, charges may apply). If you do not have phone credit to make a call we encourage you to contact a staff member and they will call you back.
  • Access independent support. If you need assistance in making a complaint, appealing a decision or providing feedback you can ask a nominated person to help you, details are listed below or check with a staff member to find out more. You will need to provide consent for staff to talk with another nominated person on your behalf.

Information & Help

Feedback, complaints and appeals information is provided at the start of the tenancy, please refer to your package or ask a staff member for more information at any time throughout the application, during your tenancy and as your tenancy ends.

Complaints & Appeals policy

The Amélie Housing Complaints & Appeals policy is available here. You can read the full policy by clicking the link, which opens in a new window.  This policy explains the  difference between making  complaint and appealing a decision, the complaints and response process.

If you need help deciding if your issue  is a complaint or an appeal,  you can ask staff to help you. If you need help understanding the policy, please ask staff or an advocate to help (see the next section for more detail on advocate services).

Independent Tenant Advocacy Services

We understand there are times where an external advocate may be best to help you. Tenant advocacy workers are skilled in providing support to renters, and may be able to assist you lodge and resolve your complaint, make an appeal or provide feedback. Each Australian state and territory has tenancy advocacy services with support workers who can help you lodge your complaint or appeal a decision.

South Australia

In SA, independent advocacy is available through Rent Right, tenancy advisors are available between 8am – 8pm, Monday to Friday, via phone and email.

New South Wales

In NSW,  The NSW Tenants Union provides information and access to tenancy support services closest to you.


In the ACT,  ACAT provides a list of free tenancy legal support services that can assist with tenancy law or finding other support.